The datatel telemetry transmitters' power supply is either inductive or via battery. This dual power concept guarantees the highest level of flexibility for a variety of applications.
Power supply via battery is perfect for:
- Short-term testing over hours or days
- Applications that can be easily accessed
- Where adequate space for the battery is available
- Rotating or freely-moving test objects
Inductive power supply ensures maintenance-free and continuous operation. It is used for:
- Long-term testing over weeks, months or years
- Applications that are difficult to access
- Limited space Where space is limited
- Applications with very high rotational acceleration
- Rotating test objects
An inductive power supply works like a transformer with a stationary and a rotating coil. A power generator feeds the coil system. The antenna system for data transmission is an integral part of the rotor and stator coil assembly.
datatel’s special power and signal transfer technology enable significant axial and radial motion between the rotor and stator without loss of measured data.
Various ready-to-install standard coil/antenna sets are available. Special customized types are available upon request.